Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Beginning

I am not sure how I ever got into Postcrossing.
I do know it all started on Oct 17, 2011. 183 days ago according to the site!
That is when I discovered the site Postcrossing and entered the world of sending postcards to random strangers around the world and receiving postcards back from other total strangers.

Postcrossing - The Postcard Crossing Project
"send a postcard and receive a postcard back from a random person somewhere in the world"

I sent my first postcard on Oct 17 to China. It took 17 days to get there and travelled 9,350kms

My first postcard from New Zealand
The first postcard I received back was on Nov 9, from Finland. It took 6 days to arrive and travelled 16,663kms

Joensuu Evangelical Lutheran Church
Since that first card I have sent 57 cards, 49 have been received and 8 are currently travelling to their destination.
I have received 48 cards to date.

I intend to use this blog to show the many wonderful postcards I receive from around the world and also the odd amazing stamp some of the countries have around the world.
I always try and use a decorative stamp on the postcards I send so I love receiving cards back with nice stamps too.

So stick around and discover the wonders of the world via postcard

No comments: